Position: Occupational Health Advisor
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
For more than 350 years we’ve been creating extraordinary, premium beer at breweries from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado in the US to the historical Burton-on-Trent brewery in the UK, to Prague's celebrated brewing heritage in the Czech Republic, and the oldest brewery in Montreal, Canada. From our founding families and executive leaders, to our master brewers and our sales teams, we are a brewing company that loves what we do.
We have ambitions to be the first choice for consumers and customers and our brands include, amongst others, Carling, the UK’s best selling beer for the last 30 years, Coors Light, Grolsch, Cobra, Singha, Doom Bar and Rekorderlig.
Molson Coors (UK) has been awarded the exclusive Top Employers United Kingdom for the past 5 years for our exceptional employee offerings. We are delighted to be one of the few companies to be officially recognised as a leading employer in the UK. We’ve created a culture that supports work-life balance and employee development is a major focus at Molson Coors. We work hard to provide an environment where the best talent can be successful, develop and grow.
We are looking for an Occupational Health Advisor. This role will lead the provision of occupational health service to all of UK & Ireland business across multiple production facilities, offices and Technical Services teams, ensuring that the health of Molson Coors employees remains a top priority and supporting our Caring in Action ambition.
The key responsibilities for the Occupational Health Advisor will be as follows –
- Deliver the Molson Coors Occupational Health Management service by ensuring completion of all relevant legislative and statutory health checks for employees eg. new starter fitness to work assessments, night workers, health surveillance etc. with concerns raised to management teams or referred to 3rd party medical provider as appropriate and actions tracked.
- Monitor workplace KPI’s & health trends and interpret results for sharing with leadership teams.
- Clinically manage the Occupational Health team in delivering the service, ensuring relevant competencies and training needs are in place.
- Manage Occupational Health budget and purchase orders for necessary clinic supplies and equipment maintenance.
- Provide support and guidance to managers and employees in workplace environment and risk assessments relating to health matters, assisting in identifying and minimising occupational health and safety risks.
- Support managers and employees in use of 3rdparty case management provision and with HR team ensure this service is delivering to business needs and expectations.
- Work with HR department and 3rd party provider to develop and communicate a holistic well-being strategy for the UK&Ireland business.
- Advise on, develop and support preventive health programs specific to workplace hazards and programs to promote awareness of healthy lifestyles.
- Develop and maintain Occupational Health standards, policies, operational protocols and procedures to ensure safe and competent practice in line with all legal requirements.
- Maintain accurate and robust systems for the recording, retrieval and storage of Occupational Health information and records across clinical and occupational settings.
In order to be considered for this outstanding opportunity you will need the following skills and experience –
- Registered General Nursing Qualification with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) ideally with either a Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Occupational Health.
- Could be a Registered General Nurse with proven occupational health experience who can demonstrate a sound track record of pro-actively managing employee health, and wellbeing or undertaking part time study in Occupational Health.
- Relevant accredited Audiometry, Hand Arm Vibration and Spirometry courses.
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation relating to audiometry, COSHH and ergonomic assessment, control and advice.
- Commercial organisational experience
- Preferred: Registered General Nurse with Nursing and Midwifery Council as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (Occupational Health)