Position: Engineering Relief Shift Manager (12month Fixed Term Contract)
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
For more than 350 years we’ve been creating extraordinary, premium beer at breweries from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado in the US to the historical Burton-on-Trent brewery in the UK, to Prague's celebrated brewing heritage in the Czech Republic, and the oldest brewery in Montreal, Canada. From our founding families and executive leaders, to our master brewers and our sales teams, we are a brewing company that loves what we do.
We have ambitions to be the first choice for consumers and customers and our brands include, amongst others, Carling, the UK’s best selling beer for the last 30 years, Coors Light, Grolsch, Cobra, Singha, Doom Bar and Rekorderlig.
Molson Coors (UK) has been awarded the exclusive Top Employers United Kingdom for the past 5 years for our exceptional employee offerings. We are delighted to be one of the few companies to be officially recognised as a leading employer in the UK. We’ve created a culture that supports work-life balance and employee development is a major focus at Molson Coors. We work hard to provide an environment where the best talent can be successful, develop and grow.
We are currently looking to recruit an Engineering Relief Shift Manager, on an initial 12 month fixed term contract. This role is Responsible and accountable for the achievement of optimum efficiency and a pre-defined level of performance results through leading and motivating an engineering shift team.
As an Engineering Relief Shift Manager the key responsibilities will be as follows –
- Working at the correct situational and systemic levels and is able to respond quickly to business and team needs and flex between levels accordingly
- Acting as a change agent in preparing and leading the team through continuous improvement and business change.
- Leading projects within a functional area, indirectly managing project staff and managing interdepartmental stakeholder relationships.
- Implementation of programs, policies and procedures in area of accountability.
- Co-ordination of resources across teams to achieve shared departmental, site and business unit goals.
- Managing & Leading the Team
- Achievement of success by coaching team, to improve performance and capability, and embed new knowledge and skills.
- Empowerment of team members to make decisions that drive performance and holds individuals accountable in the right way.
- Support of department communication processes and challenges team to contribute, ensuring that team members:
- have clear information about team, department and site objectives
- are kept informed of actual performance vs. plan
- are supported during business change
- Application of robust people management practices and is recognised for people development.
- Coaching of both individual and team behaviours.
- Delivery of training modules and interventions.
- Managing & Leading World Class Standards
- Leading the execution and sustainability of World Class Supply Chain (WCSC) related activities for the team and area with the target of achieving WCSC standards as defined by the business strategy.
- Appointed as part of a continuous improvement team to implement changes to production lines to improve both line efficiencies and customer satisfaction
In order to be considered for this outstanding opportunity you will need the following skills and experience –
- Bachelor degree in a Technical, Manufacturing or Engineering discipline or relevant equivalent industrial experience.
- Background understanding of the FMCG or Engineering industry
- Proven experience in Manufacturing
- Demonstrated track record of achieving results and personal excellence
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively and make balanced, reasoned, data-based decisions in high pressure situations
- Must be able to demonstrate credibility, inspirational leadership, coaching and employee development.