Position: Site Maintenance Engineering Manager
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
For more than 350 years we’ve been creating extraordinary, premium beer at breweries from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado in the US to the historical Burton-on-Trent brewery in the UK, to Prague's celebrated brewing heritage in the Czech Republic, and the oldest brewery in Montreal, Canada. From our founding families and executive leaders, to our master brewers and our sales teams, we are a brewing company that loves what we do.
We have ambitions to be the first choice for consumers and customers and our brands include, amongst others, Carling, the UK’s best selling beer for the last 30 years, Coors Light, Grolsch, Cobra, Singha, Doom Bar and Rekorderlig.
Molson Coors (UK) has been awarded the exclusive Top Employers United Kingdom for the past 5 years for our exceptional employee offerings. We are delighted to be one of the few companies to be officially recognised as a leading employer in the UK. We’ve created a culture that supports work-life balance and employee development is a major focus at Molson Coors. We work hard to provide an environment where the best talent can be successful, develop and grow.
We are currently looking to recruit a Site Maintenance Engineering Manager for our Burton-upon-Trent Brewery. This is a key role in leading and looking after our Asset Care Programme. As well as this, other key responsibility includes: legislative compliance and availability of all equipment in Brewing and Packaging departments at Burton Brewery. Leading the Engineering day based teams across Burton Brewery, as well as projects, root cause analysis and continuous improvement in areas of responsibility, building teams technical capability and ability with WCSC2.0 tools and techniques.
Managing and Leading the Team
- Interpretation of the production plan, schedule requirements to balance production and asset care needs. Organize and deploy people, plant and material resources to execute the plan.
- Interpretation of non-direct production requirements, such as day based asset care, focused improvement, training, and to deploy resources to meet the challenges of the business. Assess and continuously improve performance systems.
- Continuously ensure standard procedures are followed and that there is adherence to quality and health, safety and environmental standards.
- Leading the Engineering day based team’s development, identify capability needs of the team members and team overall.
- Delivery of training modules and on the job technical training according to an agreed implementation plan. Provide both situational and planned coaching interventions to ensure that new knowledge becomes a practiced skill for the individuals and the team.
Managing and Leading World Class Standards
- Leads and facilitates team in WCSC2.0 Progressive Maintenance methodology to optimise equipment and process conditions efficiently and cost effectively.
- Leads the team through defined phases of WCSC2.0 development and maturity, and demonstrates working knowledge of Daily Management Standards.
Managing and Leading Communications
- Prepares and leads daily team meetings, weekly review meetings and period briefings, ensuring participation, contribution and feedback from all team members and support staff.
- Ensures SMART targets are utilised and feedback given on management actions.
- Builds effective partnerships across the brewery and supply chain, and enables co-ordination within and outside of the team to achieve results.
Managing and Leading Corporate Responsibility
- Responsible for ensuring that all regulatory and accreditation standards are met, including Health, Safety and Environment, Quality, Cost, Reliability
- Responsible for audit performance within area of responsibility including monitoring actions and results and checking and ensuring on-going compliance to standards.
- Maintains current CMMS job catalogue and ensures team members are properly trained and qualified to perform against them.
Leads all Burton Brewery Non-Masterplan capital projects. Responsible for creation of the site LRP capital plan.
In order to be considered for this outstanding opportunity you will need the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in a Technical, Manufacturing or Engineering discipline or relevant equivalent industrial experience; or a time served engineer (Mechanical or Electrical).
- Background understanding of the FMCG or Engineering industry
- Proven experience in Manufacturing
- Demonstrated track record of achieving results and personal excellence
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively and make balanced, reasoned, data-based decisions in high pressure situations
- Must be able to demonstrate credibility, inspirational leadership, coaching and employee development.