Position: Shift Manager
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
For more than 350 years we’ve been creating extraordinary, premium beer at breweries from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado in the US to the historical Burton-on-Trent brewery in the UK, to Prague's celebrated brewing heritage in the Czech Republic, and the oldest brewery in Montreal, Canada. From our founding families and executive leaders, to our master brewers and our sales teams, we are a brewing company that loves what we do.
We have ambitions to be the first choice for consumers and customers and our brands include, amongst others, Carling, the UK’s best selling beer for the last 30 years, Coors Light, Grolsch, Cobra, Singha, Doom Bar and Rekorderlig.
Molson Coors (UK) has been awarded the exclusive Top Employers United Kingdom for the past 3 years for our exceptional employee offerings. We are delighted to be one of the few companies to be officially recognised as a leading employer in the UK. We’ve created a culture that supports work-life balance and employee development is a major focus at Molson Coors. We work hard to provide an environment where the best talent can be successful, develop and grow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Brewery Operations at our Tadcaster Brewery. We are looking for a Shift Manager. In the role of a Shift Manager you would lead the shift operation, supporting the operations team’s continuous development to become high performing, working both at the situational and systemic level. Lead the execution and sustainability of World Class Supply Chain efforts for the Brewing, Packaging and Warehousing process area and team. This will be achieved through a process of involvement, performance management and personal Leadership.
Key Responsibilities :-
- Leadership & Management : Lead the application of Molson Coors World Class Supply Chain methods. Working at the Situational level to motivate the Team to safely achieve its targets. Develop morale in the Team. Recognize good performance. Ensure open communication. Resolve conflict. Discipline transgressions according to agreed procedures.
- Planning and Control : Interpret production plan schedule requirements and organize and deploy people, plant and material resources to execute the plan. Interpret non direct production requirements, such as Asset Care, 5S, Focused Improvement, Training, and to similarly deploy resources to make it happen. Monitor performance and progress against planned requirements and take corrective action when things go wrong. Continuously ensure standard procedures are followed and that there is adherence to quality and Safety Health and Environmental Standards.
- Focused Improvement : Coach team members to identify and spot abnormalities and non conformances. Then through situational problem solving (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control - DMAIC) assist the team, and their direct support, in quickly rectifying problems. Facilitate root cause analysis for persistent problems. Engage with Multi Discipline Team meetings to raise and discuss persistent performance issues. Improve manufacturing process, Lead Improvement projects, Green Belt Skills
- Team Meetings and Communications: The Shift Manager needs to prepare and lead period briefings, daily team meetings and weekly improvement meetings; ensuring participation, contribution and feedback from all team members and support staff. The Shift Manager should ensure SMART targets are recorded and feedback given on management actions.
- Develop Team Capability: The Shift Manager has enthusiasm and obvious energy for building the capability of the Team. Lead the team through defined phases of development and maturity. Identify capability needs of the Team members and Team overall. Through a system of planned quarterly 1 to 1s, training matrices, and Personal development plans, identify the training and coaching interventions that will successfully develop team performance and capability. Deliver training modules and interventions according to an agreed implementation plan. Provide both situational and planned coaching interventions to ensure that new knowledge becomes a practiced skill for the individuals and the team. Become an accredited trainer for the Team. Coaching. People Development. Training Skills
In order to be considered for this opportunity you will need the following skills and experience -
- Proven track record of leading a multi-disciplined team in a fast moving manufacturing environment, ideally this will be across both process and packaging
- Demonstrable track record of self-development as well as possessing evidence for the continual development of team members
- Exposure to leading focussed improvement projects resulting in tangible outcomes
- Possess a coaching management style and be able to work autonomously to deliver results
If that sounds great, then we’d like to hear from you. Please follow the link below to apply.