Position: Area Sales Manager (Cobra)
Location: Manchester/North West
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
The Cobra Story…
Lord Karan Bilimoria founded Cobra Beer in 1989 having realised that Britain deserved a better, smoother, less gassy lager. Using the finest natural ingredients and a traditional Indian blend of barley malt and yeast, with maize, hops and rice, he crafted an extra smooth beer quite unlike any other.
In 2009 the Molson Coors Cobra partnership was born, which was pivotal to the business growth and the Cobra brand that we now seen in 98% of all licensed Indian restaurants in the UK.
The ideal person will promote Cobra as the supplier of choice within the Ethnic Restaurant Sector. This includes restaurants serving food from countries including India, Pakistan & Turkey. You will sell in and agree the correct level of support for all Cobra brands within your geographical areas, developing and building sales plans that provide a high-quality customer service experience to the portfolio.
- To ensure all brands under the Cobra umbrella are represented strongly within the local market, and build strong long-term relationships with customers by promoting the First Choice for Customers philosophy.
- Executing and building channel plans with strategic promotions.
- Achieve sales targets for draught and packaged products in line with annual business plan as set out in individual results objectives for the year.
- Research, plan and organise your territory identifying where the opportunities are and plan your time effectively in a journey cycle with a call rate of 35 customer visits per week.
- Regular sales reports back to key partners on a monthly basis.
- To handle the profit and loss of your geographical area through growing sales by driving own brand distribution at the right price to a greater number of customers.
- To handle budgets given and customer bad debts, adhering to policy.
- Regular analysis of the sales data that you receive on a weekly / monthly basis and update your Line Manager on the risks and opportunities as well as carrying out formal review meetings with ERS wholesalers.
Required Skills and qualifications
- Detailed customer and market knowledge of the local restaurant sector
- Linguistic skills in either Hindi, Punjabi, Bengali or Urdu as well as English
- Excellent cultural awareness of your customer base
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Basic computer skills including proficiency on Microsoft Office Software.
- Experience within sales desirable.
- Educated to degree level desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.