Position: Operations Manager
Location: Tadcaster, North Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
For more than 350 years we’ve been creating extraordinary, premium beer at breweries from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado in the US to the historical Burton-on-Trent brewery in the UK, to Prague's celebrated brewing heritage in the Czech Republic, and the oldest brewery in Montreal, Canada. From our founding families and executive leaders, to our master brewers and our sales teams, we are a brewing company that loves what we do.
We have ambitions to be the first choice for consumers and customers and our brands include, amongst others, Carling, the UK’s best selling beer for the last 30 years, Coors Light, Grolsch, Cobra, Singha, Doom Bar and Rekorderlig.
Molson Coors (UK) has been awarded the exclusive Top Employers United Kingdom for the past 3 years for our exceptional employee offerings. We are delighted to be one of the few companies to be officially recognised as a leading employer in the UK. We’ve created a culture that supports work-life balance and employee development is a major focus at Molson Coors. We work hard to provide an environment where the best talent can be successful, develop and grow.
We currently have an exciting and challenging opportunity at our Tower Brewery in Tadcaster for an Operations Manager. This individual will be responsible for leading, motivating and developing the brewing and kegging teams whilst leading strategic projects that will take the brewery forward.
As an Operations Manager your responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead the brewing and kegging functions to safely maximise efficiencies, capacity, flexibility and productivity aligned to the logistics/sales requirements
- Deliver sustainable results and continuous improvement through the coaching and implementation of World Class Supply Chain tools and techniques.
- Responsible for creating an engaged winning culture, leading change initiatives and removing barriers to build a world class brewery operation through exemplary coaching and leadership practices
- Ensures the application of robust people development practices, creating space for effective coaching and communication
- Effectively represents the interests of the brewery across the Molson Coors network and builds effective strategic partnerships
- Responsible for ensuring that all health, safety, environment, quality, cost and reliability standards are met for the brewery and driving conformance to regulatory and accreditation standards
- Implements and maintains systems to audit performance and to check compliance with these rules and a responsibility to support employees in meeting these operating standards both directly (through coaching, training, resources etc) and indirectly (by developing a balanced approach to implementation of World Class Manufacturing practices such as 5S, VPM, 5 Why’s, DMAIC etc)
In order to be considered for this outstanding opportunity you will need the following skills and experience:
- Extensive background of managing a large team, including other managers, in a mature fast moving manufacturing environment or within a CPG environment
- Proven track record in leading change, both cultural and physical, over a prolonged period of time resulting in a tangible successes
- Capable of delivering outstanding results by utilising and coaching others to utilise World Class Supply Chain tools and techniques, such as DMAIC, 5S, Kaizen amongst others.
- Leading the implementation of a site engagement plan in order to drive improvement
- A strong bias to “learn-do-teach” and coaching performance improvement.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Financial awareness, and a strong understanding of budgets, P&L and capital.
- Experience of unionised environments and negotiations.
If this sounds of interest we would love to hear from you, please click the link to apply.