Position: Brewing Optimisation Manager
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
For more than 350 years we’ve been creating extraordinary, premium beer at breweries from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado in the US to the historical Burton-on-Trent brewery in the UK, to Prague's celebrated brewing heritage in the Czech Republic, and the oldest brewery in Montreal, Canada. From our founding families and executive leaders, to our master brewers and our sales teams, we are a brewing company that loves what we do.
We have ambitions to be the first choice for consumers and customers and our brands include, amongst others, Carling, the UK’s best selling beer for the last 30 years, Coors Light, Grolsch, Cobra, Singha, Doom Bar and Rekorderlig.
Molson Coors (UK) has been awarded the exclusive Top Employers United Kingdom for the past 3 years for our exceptional employee offerings. We are delighted to be one of the few companies to be officially recognised as a leading employer in the UK. We’ve created a culture that supports work-life balance and employee development is a major focus at Molson Coors. We work hard to provide an environment where the best talent can be successful, develop and grow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Brewery Operations at our incredible Brewery in Burton-upon-Trent. We are looking for a Brewing Process Engineer. This role will provide dedicated technical support to brewing department and act as keep point of contact for all business critical projects within the department. Accountable for departmental KPI's and optimisation, end to end.
Key Responsibilities :-
- Responsible for ensures support to department operation performance through daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s; as well as leads improvement initiatives (improvement of brewing KPI and plant KPI's)
- Responsible for controlling yearly budget of department as well as optimization of costs relating to losses, materials and quality efficiency
- Coordinating and managing trials, reviewing the outcomes with appropriate stake holders and malting etc and initiating further activities as required. Review process specifications and advice on changes required to meet product specifications. Deliver improved plant microbiological performance and general hygiene standards. Review performance and initiate activities to ensure standards are achieved.
- Reviewing performance and initiating activities within the operational teams and engineering support to improve operations through process optimization benchmarking. Lead cross functional teams on new process and plant initiatives to drive results. Technical expert to operational teams
- Responsible for managing the development of the applicable department resources through training, informal feedback and individual performance appraisals; ensures brewing department operation performance through daily, weekly and monthly KPIs and communicates corrective actions to corresponding site or leadership meetinmgs
- Planned coaching interventions to ensure that new knowledge becomes a practiced skill for the individuals and the team. Become an accredited trainer for the Team. Coaching. People Development. Training Skills
In order to be considered for this opportunity you will need the following skills and experience -
- Proven track record in the Brewing or Distilling industry
- A Brewing qualification, such as Diploma in Brewing or M Brew qualified is preferential
- Exposure to leading focussed improvement projects resulting in tangible outcomes
- Possess a coaching management style and be able to work autonomously to deliver results
- Able to work with stakeholders and team members of all levels.
If that sounds great, then we’d like to hear from you. Please follow the link below to apply.