The role of Quality and Food Safety Director is responsible for Quality and Food safety performance and compliance in the European business unit including direct line responsibility for regional brewery Quality Managers and their teams as well as for central Quality & Food Safety resources for Europe. The position is responsible for implementation of the WCSC Quality Pillar, and ensuring site level Quality Pillar teams are supported. As the lead Q&FS representative in Europe, engage with MCE Supply Chain Leadership and other stakeholders to ensure Q&FS compliance, risk and performance improvement are present. The position is to be located in Prague with up to 50% travel. The role reports to the Global VP Quality & Food Safety.
A few key things you’ll be responsible for:
- Devising and developing, in collaboration with other regional leads, the Global Governance team, and WCSC, forward thinking quality and food safety compliance improvement programs to deliver year on year improvement in quality KPI's and the avoidance of quality related losses.
- Ensuring all current Q&FS legal and enterprise requirements are implemented on time, in full across the European region. Writing, reviewing and amending as appropriate all European business unit owned Q&FS documentation taking into account incident reviews, legal changes and regulator guidance and advice.
- Acting as the conduit for incident learnings and best practice sharing within the region and share learnings globally. Ensuring every MCE site, 3rd party brewers and packers and suppliers are assessed by audit as determined by risk profile and that corrective actions arising from such audits are implemented in a timely manner.
- Engaging with and influencing Business Unit and brewery leadership to ensure that both global and regional elements of the Quality and Food Safety plan are implemented across the operational network.
- Engaging, influencing, and being partner with key stakeholders, including Supply Chain leadership, Procurement, Logistics, Technical Innovation, Sales, etc. Ensure fit for purpose Q&FS standards are applied across regional supplier network, with contractors and 3rd party brewers and packers at distribution locations and in trade.
- Developing Team Capability in terms of technical, behavioral/leadership, and WCSC competencies.
And now the qualifications:
- You have relevant bachelor's degree in a scientific brewing, food science or quality related discipline.
- You have 5+ years of experience in senior regional quality and/or food safety based roles in a multi-site business, preferably in brewing area.
- You are a motivated leader that can inspire others with developed leadership skills.
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships within the business.
- You have deep commercial awareness and comprehensive understanding how the function contributes to the business.
- You have strong analytical thinking with ability to resolve variety of complex situations.
What’s in it for You?
- Great beer, brands and teams around the globe to work with every day.
- A dynamic and fast moving international company that loves to win.
- Super-interesting work that is complex, challenging and fun all at the same time in an international environment.
- Opportunity for career growth and development along with competitive benefits.
- Being part of a team of technical brewery experts supporting you in growing your knowledge in the field.
A Career in Beer is cool – we hope to hear from you.