Position: Process Technician
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
At Molson Coors Brewing Company, our vision is simple – we seek to delight the world’s beer drinkers while securing our future as a top-tier global brewer.
We’re the UK’s second largest brewer and the European subsidiary of Molson Coors – the global family brewer. We boast Europe’s largest brewery and brew some 7 million barrels of beer a year. Available in over 30 countries, our brands include Carling, Prahva, Coors Light, Worthington’s and White Shield, all of which are brewed by our exceptional people in locations throughout the UK.
We innovate in all that we do and, right now, we’ve set our sights on becoming one of the 4 most profitable brewers in the world and are using our brand and people-power to get us there. We’re committed to refining our established drinks and developing exciting new ones, creating brands that people love and giving talented, ambitious people the opportunity to prove what they can do in a competitive and exciting marketplace where the challenges – and rewards – come thick and fast.
We are currently looking to recruit a Process Technician at our Brewery, in Burtonwood. This individual will work within the operations teams, across Brewing & Packaging, to provide operational, Continuous Improvement and expert technical skills to deliver and improve on cost, quality, service and asset care targets.
As a Process Technician the responsibilities will be as follows -
- Operate specified processes and plant including change-overs in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Operate departmental control and monitoring systems (e.g. safety, quality, environmental, cost) to maintain the highest standards of operations and support effective communication in the department and across the site.
- Maintain equipment and work area in optimum condition by performing autonomous maintenance and 5S tasks during the normal course of operations.
- Work with engineering personnel to assist maintenance.
- Share responsibility for the sustainability of maintenance performance across the department and site to ensure optimum performance and World Class standards.
- Work within all local hygiene, health, safety and environmental legislation and best practice, including and not limited to HACCP, COSHH, BRC, FEMAS, Safety the Molson Coors way and maintain personal legislative training compliance.
- Maintain hygiene and safety standards and improve efficiency.
- Take responsibility for best practice operations in key World Class Supply Chain elements.
- Work with others in the development of improved operations and practices through working teams, focus groups and/or improvement projects as appropriate.
- Monitor and record information in an accurate and timely manner, using appropriate systems (electronic or paper-based) to improve performance while actively engaging with communication processes - written, verbal and electronic.
- Actively participate in routine handovers & meetings and engage in problem solving to achieve improvement in department KPIs.
- Share responsibility for the achievement of production schedules - planned and amended - to ensure all product quality, cost and customer service targets are achieved by the team.
- Maintain and improve data scheduling and data collection systems, including variance investigation and system improvements.
In order to be considered for this outstanding opportunity you will need the following skills and experience -
- Ideally you will either possess a proven track record in a manufacturing environmentand be able to multi-skill or be a degree qualified, or equivalent, individual with a passion for a career in the brewing industry
- Able to identify risks and hazards
- Able to maintain production plan, ordering and organising replenishment materials as required in good time for the execution of the plan.
- Utilise excellent interpersonal skills to be able to liaise with cross functional teams including engineering and quality.
- Competent in use of all IT tools specific to role
- Possess good manual dexterity skills and the ability to identify hazards and limits of skills and ability
- Comfortable with working effectively with other teams
- Demonstrable background of working to stringent performance metrics and KPIs
- Knowledge of World Class Supply Chain techniques ideally including DMAIC Problem Solving, 5S and Visual Performance Management
If this sounds of interest we would love to hear from you, please click the link to apply.