Position: Shift Engineering Manager
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
For more than 350 years we’ve been creating extraordinary, premium beer at breweries from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado in the US to the historical Burton-on-Trent brewery in the UK, to Prague's celebrated brewing heritage in the Czech Republic, and the oldest brewery in Montreal, Canada. From our founding families and executive leaders, to our master brewers and our sales teams, we are a brewing company that loves what we do.
We have ambitions to be the first choice for consumers and customers and our brands include, amongst others, Carling, the UK’s best selling beer for the last 30 years, Coors Light, Grolsch, Cobra, Singha, Doom Bar and Rekorderlig.
Molson Coors (UK) has been awarded the exclusive Top Employers United Kingdom for the past 3 years for our exceptional employee offerings. We are delighted to be one of the few companies to be officially recognised as a leading employer in the UK. We’ve created a culture that supports work-life balance and employee development is a major focus at Molson Coors. We work hard to provide an environment where the best talent can be successful, develop and grow.
In line with the massive investment into our Burton brewery, we are looking to bring in a Shift Engineering Manager to lead a shift operation. This individual will also lead and execute World Class Supply Chain efforts across the engineering function.
As a Days based Engineering Shift Manager your responsibilities will include the following:
- Interpret production plan schedule requirements to balance production and maintenance asset care needs, organise and deploy people, plant and material resources to execute the plan
- Assess and continuously improve performance systems (PQCDSM - Production, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety & Morale)
- Continuously ensure standard procedures are followed and that there is adherence to quality and Safety Health and Environmental Standards.
- Facilitates team in problem solving and root cause analysis to maximize asset care planning and minimize breakdown maintenance. Ensures all packaging asset care processes are implemented and improved Provide input to business case justification for changes in maintenance through identifying opportunities to reduce life cycle costs of maintenance by analysing historical data on failure modes and researching new technology
- Prepares and leads period briefings, daily team meetings and weekly improvement meetings; ensuring participation, contribution and feedback from all team members and support staff
- Ensure SMART targets are recorded and feedback given on management actions
- Acts as a conduit to Brewing Manager to ensure the brewing asset care operations are in line with department strategy
- Motivate, develop morale, recognize good performance, ensure open communication, resolve conflict, and discipline transgressions according to agreed procedures to ensure the team achieves it targets
- Identify capability needs of the team members
In order to be considered for this exciting opportunity you will need the following skills and experience:
- Time served and/or a graduate engineer in an electrical or mechanical discipline or sufficient, relevant experience
- Demonstrable evidence of leading a team of multi skilled engineers in a manufacturing environment
- Possess excellent communication skills to be able to engage, influence and build relationships cross functionally and at all levels
- Exposure to the implementation and development of World Class Supply Chain methodologies such as (TPM, DMAIC, RCM etc.)
- A proactive approach to problem solving and be comfortable with challenging the expected
If this sounds of interest we would love to hear from you, please click the link to apply.