Position: Brewery Operative
Location: Burtonwood, Warrington
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
For more than 350 years we’ve been creating extraordinary, premium beer at breweries from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado in the US to the historical Burton-on-Trent brewery in the UK, to Prague's celebrated brewing heritage in the Czech Republic, and the oldest brewery in Montreal, Canada. From our founding families and executive leaders, to our master brewers and our sales teams, we are a brewing company that loves what we do.
We have ambitions to be the first choice for consumers and customers and our brands include, amongst others, Carling, the UK’s best selling beer for the last 30 years, Coors Light, Grolsch, Cobra, Singha, Doom Bar and Rekorderlig.
Molson Coors (UK) has been awarded the exclusive Top Employers United Kingdom for the past 4 years for our exceptional employee offerings. We are delighted to be one of the few companies to be officially recognised as a leading employer in the UK. We’ve created a culture that supports work-life balance and employee development is a major focus at Molson Coors. We work hard to provide an environment where the best talent can be successful, develop and grow.
This individual will be based at our Burtonwood Brewery, working within in the brewing and kegging departments, to provide operational, continuous improvement and expert technical skills to deliver and improve on cost, quality, service and asset care targets.
As a Production Operative the responsibilities will be as follows –
- Operate specified processes and plant including change-overs in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Operate departmental control and monitoring systems (e.g. safety, quality, environmental, cost) to maintain the highest standards of operations and support effective communication in the department and across the site
- Maintain equipment and work area in optimum condition by performing autonomous maintenance and 5S tasks during the normal course of operations
- Work with engineering personnel to assist maintenance
- Share responsibility for the sustainability of maintenance performance across the department and site to ensure optimum performance and World Class standards
- Work within all local hygiene, health, safety and environmental legislation and best practice, including and not limited to HACCP, COSHH, BRC, FEMAS, Safety the Molson Coors way and maintain personal legislative training compliance
- Maintain hygiene and safety standards and improve efficiency
- Take responsibility for best practice operations in key World Class Supply Chain elements
- Work with others in the development of improved operations and practices through working teams, focus groups and/or improvement projects as appropriate
- Monitor and record information in an accurate and timely manner, using appropriate systems (electronic or paper-based) to improve performance while actively engaging with communication processes - written, verbal and electronic
- Actively participate in routine handovers & meetings and engage in problem solving to achieve improvement in department KPIs
- Share responsibility for the achievement of production schedules - planned and amended - to ensure all product quality, cost and customer service targets are achieved by the team
- Maintain and improve data scheduling and data collection systems, including variance investigation and system improvements
In order to be considered for this exciting and challenging opportunity you will need the following skills and experience -
- Proven track record in a manufacturing environment with an appreciation of safety and quality standards
- Able to identify risks and hazards
- Able to maintain production plan, ordering and organising replenishment materials as required in good time for the execution of the plan
- Utilise excellent interpersonal skills to be able to liaise with cross functional teams including engineering and quality
- Competent in use of all IT tools specific to role
- Comfortable with working effectively with other teams
- Demonstrable background of working to stringent performance metrics and KPIs
- Knowledge of World Class Supply Chain techniques ideally including DMAIC Problem Solving, 5S and Visual Performance Management
If this sounds of interest we would love to hear from you, please click the link to apply.