Position: Operations Manager - Packaging
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
At Molson Coors Brewing Company, our vision is simple – we seek to delight the world’s beer drinkers while securing our future as a top-tier global brewer.
We’re the UK’s second largest brewer and the European subsidiary of Molson Coors – the global family brewer. We boast Europe’s largest brewery and brew some 7 million barrels of beer a year. Available in over 30 countries, our brands include Carling, Prahva, Coors Light, Worthington’s and White Shield, all of which are brewed by our exceptional people in locations throughout the UK.
We innovate in all that we do and, right now, we’ve set our sights on becoming one of the 4 most profitable brewers in the world and are using our brand and people-power to get us there. We’re committed to refining our established drinks and developing exciting new ones, creating brands that people love and giving talented, ambitious people the opportunity to prove what they can do in a competitive and exciting marketplace where the challenges – and rewards – come thick and fast.
We are currently looking to recruit an Operations Manager within the Packaging function, at our historic Burton Brewery site. This person will lead and motivates an operational team for the effective operation and maintenance of all packaging activities to ensure that high quality products are produced cost effectively to meet planned volumes through maximizing the effectiveness of Plant, People and Processes. Works through a team of Shift Managers to ensure that team members are coached, trained and developed, and comply with all regulatory requirements.
The key responsibilities as the Operations Manager within Packaging will be as follows –
- Responsible for safely optimizing Packaging line efficiency and meeting customer requirements in area of responsibility within Packaging department.
- Utilising World Class Supply Chain or lead Processes to progressively develop world class standards of operation, ensuring performance monitoring, evaluation & action planning to continuously improve performance.
- Responsible for continually building the capability of Packaging personnel through structured personal development and training plans to engage & build a winning team.
- Providing strong leadership for the change process by role modelling key Molson Coors principles.
- Ensuring the application of robust people management practices & creates space for effective coaching and communications, recognising the right behaviours & outputs, & building effective partnerships upstream and downstream within the brewery & supply chain.
- Responsible for ensuring robust management and application of all health, safety, environment & quality policies and practices, driving conformance to regulatory (e.g. EH&S/OSHA) and accreditation standards (e.g. ISO/HACCP etc). Including a responsibility to audit performance and to check compliance with these rules and a responsibility to support employees in meeting these operating standards both directly (through coaching, training, resources etc) and indirectly (by developing a balanced approach to implementation of lean practices such as (5S, VPM, 5 Why’s, DMAIC etc
- Ensuring the assets and processes are maintained and/or improved to achieve optimum cost & delivery performance whilst meeting rising quality expectations of both internal and external customers. Monitoring and utilising performance deviations (trend information) to deliver sustainable solutions. Liaises & works with internal and external stakeholders as required.
In order to be considered for this outstanding opportunity you will need the following skills and experience -
- Strong academic background in Business or Technical discipline
- Proven strategic experience
- Proven manufacturing experience
- Experience within a similar or related industry
- FMCG Experience is essential
- Strong understanding of manufacturing principles
- Strong understanding of Continuous Improvement principles
- Understanding of asset care
- Highly ambitious individual with the drive to progress is essential
If this sounds of interest we would love to hear from you, please click the link to apply.