Position: Brewing Shift Manager
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
For more than 350 years we’ve been creating extraordinary, premium beer at breweries from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado in the US to the historical Burton-on-Trent brewery in the UK, to Prague's celebrated brewing heritage in the Czech Republic, and the oldest brewery in Montreal, Canada. From our founding families and executive leaders, to our master brewers and our sales teams, we are a brewing company that loves what we do.
We have ambitions to be the first choice for consumers and customers and our brands include, amongst others, Carling, the UK’s best selling beer for the last 30 years, Coors Light, Grolsch, Cobra, Singha, Doom Bar and Rekorderlig.
Molson Coors (UK) has been awarded the exclusive Top Employers United Kingdom for the past 4 years for our exceptional employee offerings. We are delighted to be one of the few companies to be officially recognised as a leading employer in the UK. We’ve created a culture that supports work-life balance and employee development is a major focus at Molson Coors. We work hard to provide an environment where the best talent can be successful, develop and grow.
We are currently looking for a Shift Manager within our Brewing function. You will be responsible and accountable for the achievement of optimum efficiency and a pre-defined level of performance results through leading and motivating a shift team.
The ideal candidate will be able to respond quickly to business and team needs and be flexible between levels accordingly. Acts as a change agent in preparing and leading the team through continuous improvement and business change.
As a Brewing Shift Manager the key responsibilities will be as follows –
Managing & Leading the Team
- Achieve success by coaching team, to improve performance and capability, and embed new knowledge and skills.
- Achieve personal and departmental results and objectives through involvement, performance management and personal Leadership.
- Empowers team members to make decisions that drive performance and holds individuals accountable in the right way.
- Build a winning team by role modelling our values, recognising the right behaviours and outputs and correcting behaviours that are not productive and/or appropriate.
- Managing & Leading World Class Standards
- Lead the execution and sustainability of World Class Supply Chain (WCSC) related activities for the team and area with the target of achieving WCSC standards as defined by the business strategy.
- Utilisation WCSC processes, monitors and evaluates PQCDEM to improve performance. Guides, supports and coaches team to do the same, making use of formal and informal processes.
- Lead the team through defined phases of WCSC development and maturity, and demonstrates working knowledge of lean tools such as Set-up Time Reduction, 5S, Fishbone analysis, Value-mapping.
Managing & Leading Communication of Results
- Prepares and leads a wide variety of meetings, and effectively sets the agenda and context for each meeting.
- Ensuring participation, contribution and feedback from all team members and support staff
- Ensuring targets are agreed and recorded, and feedback given regarding team actions
- Building effective partnerships across the brewery and supply chain, and enables co-ordination within and outside of team to achieve results.
- Interpretation of and delivery of production plan, utilising all necessary resources.
- Managing & Leading Corporate Responsibility
- Delivery of continuously improving performance against the above standards by use of WCM practices and activities (e.g. 5S, VM, 5Y’s, DMAIC)
- Maintenance of current SOP’s and ensures team members are properly trained and qualified to perform against them.
- Managing and Leading for Asset Performance
In order to be considered for this outstanding opportunity you will need the following skills and experience –
- Bachelor degree in a Technical, Manufacturing or Engineering discipline or relevant equivalent industrial experience.
- Must achieve General Certificate in Packaging or Brewing, dependent on operational area.
- FMCG Experience
- Strong stakeholder management skills