Position: T2 Production Operator – Bottling
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
For more than 350 years we’ve been creating extraordinary, premium beer at breweries from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado in the US to the historical Burton-on-Trent brewery in the UK, to Prague's celebrated brewing heritage in the Czech Republic, and the oldest brewery in Montreal, Canada. From our founding families and executive leaders, to our master brewers and our sales teams, we are a brewing company that loves what we do.
We have ambitions to be the first choice for consumers and customers and our brands include, amongst others, Carling, the UK’s best selling beer for the last 30 years, Coors Light, Grolsch, Cobra, Singha, Doom Bar and Rekorderlig.
Molson Coors (UK) has been awarded the exclusive Top Employers United Kingdom for the past 3 years for our exceptional employee offerings. We are delighted to be one of the few companies to be officially recognised as a leading employer in the UK. We’ve created a culture that supports work-life balance and employee development is a major focus at Molson Coors. We work hard to provide an environment where the best talent can be successful, develop and grow.
We are going through an amazing period of growth, which means we are now looking to increase production within our Bottling operation. We are now looking for strong and dynamic T2 Production Operators to join us. The opportunities have been created in the Bottling department due to increased demand on the department
This is a 12 month Fixed term contract. Due to specific resource constraints and production demands, you must be available to begin training within the department as soon as possible.
You will work within the local team to deliver the production plan for the department and ensure safety, cost, quality and service targets are met.
- To operate specified process and plant in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOP) including change-overs.
- Operate departmental control systems (e.g. safety, quality, environment, cost) in the interest of achieving the highest standards of operations and supporting effective communication in the department and across Burton Brewery, internal and external customers and suppliers (i.e. supporting visual performance and management reporting).
- Design, develop or revise SOPs including change-overs according to industry best practice and World Class standards.
- Communicate and train-out new or revised SOPs to colleagues and peers as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the craft population to maintain equipment and the work area in optimum condition by performing autonomous maintenance and 5S tasks during the normal course of operations
- Work within all local hygiene, health, safety and environmental legislation and best practice, including, and not limited to; HACCP, COSHH, BRC, FEMAS, Safety the Molson Coors way and maintain personal legislative training compliance
- Improve process and/or operational capability by leading problem solving tools and techniques, carrying out root cause analysis to determine cause of problems with the overall objective of improving department and site KPIs
- Take responsibility for auditing to improve performance and monitoring best practice in World Class Supply Chain elements across the team, department and the site
- Review and continuously improve performance management standards and systems while actively engaging with communication processes to share outputs with colleagues, peers and management groups
- Maintain and improve data scheduling and data collection systems, including variance investigation
In order to be considered for this opportunity you will need the following skills and experience -
- Ideally you will have GCSE or equivalent in English & Maths and have experience of working in a fast paced, high pressure manufacturing environment
- Possess the ability to work effectively with other teams, cross functionally and those with internal supply or customer relationships
- Able to maintain daily production, quality and asset care records.
- Experience of performing daily and weekly planning to ensure production targets are met and exceeded, ensuring the ordering and replenishment of materials as required to fulfil the plan
- Have a flexible, pro-active approach and be comfortable with being developed and trained to be multi-skilled across a wide variety of plant and machinery