Senior Legal and Corporate Affairs Counsel (Operations and M&A)
Location: Burton Upon Trent
Salary: Competitive salary plus bonus
For more than 350 years we’ve been creating extraordinary, premium beer at breweries from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado in the US to the historical Burton-on-Trent brewery in the UK, to Prague's celebrated brewing heritage in the Czech Republic, and the oldest brewery in Montreal, Canada. From our founding families and executive leaders, to our master brewers and our sales teams, we are a brewing company that loves what we do.
We have ambitions to be the first choice for consumers and customers and our brands include, amongst others, Carling, the UK’s best selling beer for the last 30 years, Coors Light, Grolsch, Cobra, Singha, Doom Bar and Rekorderlig.
Molson Coors (UK) has been awarded the exclusive Top Employers United Kingdom for the past 3 years for our exceptional employee offerings. We are delighted to be one of the few companies to be officially recognised as a leading employer in the UK. We’ve created a culture that supports work-life balance and employee development is a major focus at Molson Coors. We work hard to provide an environment where the best talent can be successful, develop and grow.
We currently have an exciting opportunity at our Burton Upon Trent offices for a Senior Legal and Corporate Affairs Counsel to join our legal team. The purpose of the Senior Legal and Corporate Affairs Counsel is to safeguard Molson Coors' interests and assets by overseeing legal affairs for its operations, serving as lead counsel on the company's M&A and JV activities, and strengthening our environmental and supplier diversity profile in support of "Our Beer Print" Sustainability Goals.
As a Senior Legal and Corporate Affairs Counsel your responsibilities will include the following:
- Deliver timely legal services with excellence to the senior leaders of Molson Coors' Supply Chain and Customer Excellence functions, providing pragmatic, thoughtful advice on complex and transformational matters that are strategically tied to the future success of Molson Coors.
- Lead Molson Coors' M&A and JV activity to further our business ambition for our portfolio of brands, working closely with senior finance and commercial leaders, while effectively managing outside counsel and related spend.
- Strengthen our environmental and supplier diversity profile in support of "Our Beer Print" Sustainability Goals, working with Supply Chain and Human Resources managers to bring our initiatives and practices to life and ensure accuracy in our public reporting on our progress.
- Be a thought-leader and contributor on the Legal and Corporate Affairs (LCA) Leadership team, working seamlessly with other members of the LCA leadership team to deliver high-priority, confidential projects for the business in a fully coordinated manner
- Liaise with Molson Coors' Global and European Procurement function to ensure UK & Ireland interests are reflected in policies, supplier contracts, and our public reporting requirements.
In order to be considered for this outstanding opportunity you will need the following skills and experience:
- Qualified Solicitor
- High degree of business and legal acumen to help deliver transformational business initiatives, providing pragmatic and understandable advice to senior leaders
- Extensive experience in complex commercial negotiations, supply chain contract drafting, supplier management and litigation/dispute management
- Proven track record as lead counsel on complex M&A and JV activities, managing outside counsel, coordinating with project teams and advising on areas of risk
- Experience in environmental sustainability strategy development and reporting, with passion for diversity and inclusion
- Understanding of environmental and property management concepts
- Proven people manager with track record in performance management and development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to translate complex concepts into appropriate messages tailored to a wide range of audiences and customers
- Highly-responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with a variety of internal and external clients
- Highly collaborative and curious, with an insatiable appetite to learn and experiment
- Combination of law firm and in-house practice
- Experience in engaging government, NGO, and media stakeholders
- FMCG experience, preferably in a global, matrixed organisation
- Engaging speaker, trainer, and presenter, able to spark the imagination and hold the interest of the audience