Position: Brewing Quality Manager
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
For more than 350 years we’ve been creating extraordinary, premium beer at breweries from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado in the US to the historical Burton-on-Trent brewery in the UK, to Prague's celebrated brewing heritage in the Czech Republic, and the oldest brewery in Montreal, Canada. From our founding families and executive leaders, to our master brewers and our sales teams, we are a brewing company that loves what we do.
We have ambitions to be the first choice for consumers and customers and our brands include, amongst others, Carling, the UK’s best selling beer for the last 30 years, Coors Light, Grolsch, Cobra, Singha, Doom Bar and Rekorderlig.
Molson Coors (UK) has been awarded the exclusive Top Employers United Kingdom for the past 4 years for our exceptional employee offerings. We are delighted to be one of the few companies to be officially recognised as a leading employer in the UK. We’ve created a culture that supports work-life balance and employee development is a major focus at Molson Coors. We work hard to provide an environment where the best talent can be successful, develop and grow.
We are currently looking to recruit a Brewing Quality Manager to drive Quality and Food Safety at our renowned Burton Brewery site, within the Brewing Departments. The main responsibilities include monitoring of performance KPIs, ensuring compliance to Food and Feed Safety systems, ensuring compliance to BRC standards, identifying areas for improvement, agreeing action plans with production teams, encouraging team engagement, building capability and providing resource and support to implement sustainable solutions
As a Brewing Quality Manager the key responsibilities will be as follows –
- Lead the implementation of Quality and Food Safety programmes with the Brewing Operations to ensure compliance to Global Q&FS standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure Brewing Operations are trained and capable of delivering Q&FS standards. Ensure the requirements of the Quality Management System and Pre-requisites are met.
- Drive improvements in Quality KPIs by assisting operations teams in identifying root causes of gaps and issues and to use Statistical Process Control to improve Quality results.
- Develop SOPs which are focused on meeting quality standards and delivering food safe products. Conduct audits and monitor local progress against corrective actions.
- Support Contract Manufacture Quality Assessments and the escalation of issues. Respond to emerging trends that may impact quality performance.
- Engage with and influence the Brewing Operations Leadership to ensure global and regional elements of the Quality and Food Safety Management System are implemented and sustained. Ensure Quality SOPs are fit for purpose.
- Provide support for Operational Teams for quality or food safety incidents or interactions with enforcing authorities.
- Effectively communicate targets and new processes and procedures to Operations Teams.
- Provide support for the Brewing Leadership Team and Innovation Teams to ensure Trial and Change Management processes are followed. Ensure that Brewing Leadership Team and Innovations Team are conducting Food safety and Quality Risk assessments as an integral part of process change and new product introductions.
- Ensure that all non-conforming product is managed according the procedures. Ensure all specifications and quality control documents are up to date and in-line with Global Standards and Master recipes.
- Support WCSC 2.0 deployment across Brewing and the implementation of the Quality Pillar.
In order to be considered for this outstanding opportunity you will need the following skills and experience –
- Brewing and Quality related qualifications
- Proven experience in a quality and/or food safety based role within the Brewery or Process or Drinks industry
- Qualified Lead Auditor
- Level 4 Food Safety
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, brewing or quality related discipline
- Developed leadership and communication skills
- Data driven - analytical bias
- HACCP Level 3 qualified
- BRC Version 7
- Strong stakeholder management skills