Position: Engineering Manager
Location: Rock, Cornwall
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
There’s an energy about Sharp’s Brewery, something intrinsically Cornish, something fuelled by being among the elements. A passion for the place that makes its way into every drop of beer we make. Situated on the North Cornish coast, looking out over the vast Atlantic, it is the ideal space to create exceptional beers that speak of where we come from.
Sharp’s is proud of consistently turning out the highest quality beer to our customers and there is currently an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager oversee the brewery Engineering function and contractors, including leadership of people resources within the department to ensure facilities are capable, safe and compliant to all regulations. Therefore, ensuring we can continue turning out award winning beers like Doom Bar, Atlantic, Wolf Rock, Sea Fury and Sharps Pilsner.
This individual will be based at our unique brewery in Rock, Cornwall, supporting Capital projects and the delivery of new plant effectively and on time, providing technical input into the plant design and integration into the Site maintenance and spares procedures.
As the Engineering Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Leading, coaching, and developing the engineering team, improving their skills and capability and ensure beer production is priority and maintenance of all facilities at Sharps brewery is managed effectively.
- Overall responsibility for equipment register, maintenance schedules and management of stores and spares
- Supporting the successful delivery of projects, from concept and design to execution, ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget and meet cost parameters and relevant legislative requirements.
- Liaising with finance to ensure accurate recording of costs and accruals and appropriate approval of spend on Revenue budgets.
- Management of contractors on site, to ensure their activity is controlled and they adhere to site rules and safety procedures.
- Management of Legal, Health, Safety and Environmental aspects of the Site maintenance, operational requirements and the engineering function to company and legislative standards.
- To contribute knowledge and experience to the craft businesses and division when required, in order to assist with Capital projects and to help provide guidance and to help implement best practice.
In order to be considered for this role we are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Formal Engineering Qualification and completion of formal Apprenticeship. OR, Degree Qualified in relevant discipline
- Managing teams to targets, KPIs
- Working within maintenance department (or comparable tech services department) in a management or supervisory role
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing principles, tools and techniques
- Good record of delivering process improvement
- Knowledge of project management principles
- Knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety Legislation
- Experience of Change Management is preferred
- Sound understanding of Budgets and achievement of annual spends on Revenue and Capital expenditure
- Proven Operational management experience
If that sounds great, then we’d like to hear from you. Please follow the link below to apply.