Position: Brewing Operations Lead – Sharp’s
Location: Rock, Cornwall
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
There’s an energy about Sharp’s Brewery, something intrinsically Cornish, something fuelled by being among the elements. A passion for the place that makes its way into every drop of beer we make. Situated on the North Cornish coast, looking out over the vast Atlantic, it is the ideal space to create exceptional beers that speak of where we come from.
Sharp’s is proud of consistently turning out the highest quality beer to our customers and there is currently an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager oversee the production process for Brewing including leadership of people resources within the department to ensure achievement of the production plan, company vision and business plan in terms of value, quality, service and people. To ensure we can continue turning out award winning beers like Doom Bar, Atlantic, Wolf Rock, Sea Fury and Sharps Pilsner.
This individual will be based at our unique brewery in Rock, Cornwall, working within the local team to apply operational skills to deliver the plan for the work area, adhering to safety, cost, quality and service targets.
As an Operations Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Working towards zero waste targets
- Ensuring cost effective production including reducing wasted time and over time
- Determining costs for production
- Ensuring products are produced on time, of good quality and liaise with Technical Brewer to implement quality-control programmes.
- Identification of people and material resources required including planning rotas, holiday allocation and training
- Management, motivation and development the Production Team to maximise team working, drive flexibility and commitment to drive the success of the business
- Managing delivery of the production plan through the Team Leader Team ensuring that quality, H&S and efficiency is continually improved and KPI targets are achieved.
- Review and manage performance of the Production Team including completion of one-two-one’s to raise performance towards a zero errors target
- Identification of training needs for the Production Team and liaise with HR to implement training solutions
- Supporting delivery of New Starters induction, training and assessments through the Shift Supervisor Team
- Work with the Production Team to implement the company's policies, procedures and goals
- Ensuring health and safety guidelines are followed by the Production Teams and meet company requirements with continued improvement of incident rates
- Liaising with the Head Brewer regarding production plans and raise awareness of any potential delays or changes
- Workin with the Engineering Supervisor to plan and execute programmed maintenance
- Ownership of the Standard Operating Procedures for Production
- Representing the brewing team at industry and media events
- Contributing technical brewing knowledge to Production Leadership Team
In order to be considered for this role we are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Strong academic background in a Scientific or technical discipline
- Strong people management experience
- Proven FMCG industry experience
- Proven strategic experience
- Proven manufacturing experience
- Experience within a similar or related industry
- Strong understanding of manufacturing principles
- Strong understanding of Continuous Improvement principles
If that sounds great, then we’d like to hear from you. Please follow the link below to apply.