The role of Regional Ethics and Compliance Director - MCE is responsible, along with local management and local Legal and Corporate Affairs (LCA) teams, for promoting a culture of ethics and compliance in MCE, leading both global and local program initiatives aimed at mitigating compliance risk and managing issues within the region. The position can be located in any of our office locations in Europe with 20% travel. The role reports to the MCE Chief Legal and Corporate Affairs Officer and is a member of the LCA leadership team for MCE. It also has a dotted line to the VP Global Ethics and Compliance and is a member of the Global Ethics and Compliance team.
A few key things you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading for a culture of doing things the right way, with appropriate compliance processes to support, across MCE, especially in key areas such as Competition Law and Anti-bribery and Corruption. You’ll also need to provide legal advice on substantive Competition Law and ABAC issues as needed, sharing knowledge and best practice with the MCE LCA team.
- Work with management and global functions to develop and implement risk mitigation strategies, controls and corrective action plans for resolution of issues.
- Support and deliver training on the Code of Business Conduct and to ensure that all employees and managers understand, and have access to support and guidance in relation to company standards, and laws and regulations.
- Supervise and/or participate in internal investigations into allegations of compliance violation or other misconduct by employees. Act as a member of the cross-functional workplace investigation committee.
- Ensure effective implementation and administration in the region of compliance monitoring tools and processes. Work with global ethics and compliance team to ensure that tools developed are fit for purpose, and comply with relevant local law (eg. Data Privacy).
- Act as point person for responding to compliance risk assessment and audit requests from third party business partners. Monitor compliance with contractual commitments with such third parties and provide legal input for compliance commitments in any new contracts.
- Being an active member of the LCA leadership team for MCE - contribute to setting and implementing the agenda for LCA in Europe, developing team members and enabling our business to be First Choice for Consumers and Customers.
And now the qualifications:
- You are qualified as practicing lawyer with at least 5 years post qualification experience or have equivalent experience in ethics and compliance.
- You have knowledge and practical experience in the areas of compliance risk assessment, training and investigation.
- You have strong technical knowledge of competition law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption laws for Europe.
- You are decisive and capable of exercising good judgment and maintaining ethical standards while under pressure.
- You are able to manage a diverse and demanding workload.
- You are an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- You are able to demonstrate leadership skills and sound business judgment with strong values and ethics.
What’s in it for You?
- Great beer, brands and teams around the globe to work with every day.
- A dynamic and fast moving international company that loves to win.
- Super-interesting work that is complex, challenging and fun all at the same time.
- Opportunity for career growth and development along with competitive benefits.
Apply to the position before the posting closes. A Career in Beer is cool – we hope to hear from you.